Sunday, March 25, 2018

Bike vs Car - The battle of my life


What can I say, "Malang tidak berbau".

I learnt my lesson from last time, I really do.

This happened last Sunday , 18 March 2018 at SS2, near Petron station around 11:35am.

I was on my way back home after a morning balling in UM and I had a basketball competition later on in Shah Alam around 1:00pm.

I had a light headache then as I didn't have any breakfast and I played quite for a long time in the morning. 

5to5 games from 9am until 11am. I played around 4 to 5 games.

I guessed staying hydrated wasn't enough as I didn't feel up my tummy with anything solid.

Anyway, at the intersection in front of SS2, Petron turning into the Thursday Night Market area, in front of me was a Toyota cruiser.

After both of us made the turn inside, I noticed that the car slowed down and made a slight distance from the divider which was on our right. 

I actually thought to myself that this driver might want to make a U-turn here but I didn't see the right indicator blinking.

I drove on his right side, as he hugged abit on the left side. I am on the driver line of sight, so I roder pass him and out of nowhere, he suddenly made the U-turn which I had expected.

I was shocked. I tried to break but my instinct just told me to brace for impact.

I hit the driver/passenger door.

No honk was sounded by me. In a split second I realized that I am on the road, lying down while still stuck on the bike and the car still didn't realize that he hit me.

After awhile only he looked outside and below and saw me under there. My bike stuck to his car.

He knew he was wrong and tried to settle it there and then.

His wife was there too and they drove me to the nearest clinic to get me checked up.






It wasn't serious injuries so I felt quite relieved. 

I am not someone who will try to get benefit out from them or get profit out of it. After gauging at the damage of the bike, I asked him to settle for RM500.

All in all, the workshop told me the that the total cost is RM424.

I'm in luck, I have my limbs all intact and working.

So in the end, I missed my basketball game at 1pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment