Saturday, January 6, 2018

Managerial position

What can I say.

Recently I got to know that someone who is at my age has become HR Manager.

It got me thinking of where I am now. Going to be 29 but still under fresh exec position.

Sometimes I wonder, am I doing what I am supposed to do.

Friends say that I will fare better in hospitality and services industry.

Maybe I will, maybe I will not. Another close friend of mine will be a Manager this coming February, and he is the same age as me as well.

Now, I am contemplating whether what should I do. 3 years working here.

My friend told me that if the Company doesn't promote you after 3~5 years then it's better for you to quit and find a better one.

I still have a lot of things to learn and I am staying in the same place as I want to learn and make sure I have gotten everything before I move to other department or company.

I had stop myself from going to other department as I want to learn. There are a lot of things to learn and knowledge to gain. Until then I will stay.

Should I move just for higher position?

If the time comes, I will. However, I am content now with my life.

Should I feel down and envious with my friends high position?

Absolutely not! Everyone is moving on their own pace. Everyone has their own journey. With great power comes great responsibilities.

I love my life and I am moving at a pace that I am comfortable with.

However, is it a pace that is too slow?

Maybe it is, and that's why I am changing myself. Trying to get myself straight and organized.

I had changed many things with my life recently. And I hope, it is for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment